Custom Dog Leash Design
The Custom Dog Leash is a simplified version of our Hands-Free Dog Leash that allows you to customize the exact design you need from a leash. This leash does not have a built-in traffic lead.
Every Custom Leash Includes:
- Two-toned option
- Available in 3′-8′ lengths
- Choice of Bolt, Trigger, Or Quick Release clasp. All options swivel.
- Hardware finish available in stainless steel, or solid brass
- Stainless Steel or Solid Brass Chicago Screws
- One static (but adjustable) o-ring: This style is super simple and convenient if you often use different leash lengths, you always use your hands-free leash at a similar length, or you want a slip lead.
- One floating o-ring and one static (but adjustable) o-ring: This allows you to use the leash either as a slip lead or if you buy an appropriate length and an adjustable hands-free leash (you can use either the floating o-ring or the static o-ring).
- Two static (but adjustable) o-rings: This style is simple and convenient if you often use two different leash lengths regularly and/or you want a hands-free option.
- Two static (but adjustable) o-rings and one floating ring in between: This leash allows you more flexibility to use your leash more like our 9-Way Hands-Free Leash (without a built-in traffic lead).
- Two static (but adjustable) o-rings with one floating ring in between AND one floating o ring at the bottom: This is the most versatile design. This will allow you to use the leash like a standard leash (medium and long length), a hands-free leash (over the shoulder, across the body, or around the waist), AND as a slip lead.
- Webbing on the inside and heavy-duty, non-tacky PVC coating on the outside
- Cold weather resistant (won’t become brittle until -56° F)
- UV resistant (won’t fade)
- Sensory friendly: won’t hurt your hands like rope leashes or nylon leashes
- Doesn’t tangle or knot easily
- Will not crack or fade
- Doesn’t need to be oiled
- 5/8″ width break strength is 625 pounds
We offer standard bolt, trigger, and quick release snaps in stainless steel or solid brass finish. Every hardware option swivels. From lightest in weight to heaviest: bolt, trigger, quick release. Brass hardware is heavier than the same hardware style in Stainless Steel. For dogs less than 20lbs we recommend the bolt option. Chicago Screws will match the clasp finish choice.
Which Metal Should I Choose?
Both stainless steel and solid brass are very durable and make long-lasting options! Stainless steel is rust-resistant and classic silver color. It is possible for stainless steel to rust, but much less than nickel and it can be cleaned more easily. Brass does not rust but does develop a patina over time. Stainless steel and brass can both be used in the water.
Even though stainless steel and brass are durable, it’s still best to prevent the hardware from oxidizing. To do this make sure to dry your product ASAP, and especially rinse off any saltwater. In the case that your hardware rusts or patinas, we recommend searching Google for the best methods to remove the discoloration.
To clean your waterproof dog leash take a bucket of water (temperature doesn’t matter), and add some dish soap. Then swish the leash around in the bucket, rinse clean and allow to air dry. For more stubborn areas use a gentle wet cloth and rub with a bit soap and rinse clean.