Modeling For The Atomic Hound
Thank you for your interest in modeling for The Atomic Hound! I ran a modeling contest in April 2020, and I’m not currently looking to add new models. I may do another search at the end of 2020, so feel free to check back in then and make sure to read all the FAQ below to get a sense of what I look for!
Modeling Contest Directions
I’m soo excited that you want your dog to model for The Atomic Hound! I’ll be looking for up to 3 new models for 2020. Here’s how you can go about applying for your pup…
- Read all the FAQ and requirements below. If you are chosen to be a model, you will be asked to sign a document agreeing to the requirements below!
- Submit an Instagram Portfolio (and tag it with #ahmodelcontest2020 AND @theatomichound). Photos #1-#5 are REQUIRED. If you do not submit the required photos I will not consider you for the position. Photos #6-#10 are optional. It’s okay to use non-Atomic Hound products in your photos!
- Required Photo #1: Your dog wearing a collar AND leash.
- Required Photo #2: Your dog wearing a collar AND bandana…if you don’t have a bandana make them wear something human haha.
- Required Photo #3: A dog product (collar/leash/bandana) by ITSELF to showcase the product.
- Required Photo #4: A posed photo of your dog (don’t need to be wearing any specific products). Examples; leash in mouth, sit pretty, head down etc.
- Required Photo #5: An action picture of your dog (don’t need to be wearing any specific products).
- Optional Photos OR Videos 6-#10: Whatever you want to show off! Photos of you and your dog, videos of your dog or products in action, video of why you want to be a model, your favorite photos of your dog etc.
- In your Instagram caption write:
- WHY you want to model for The Atomic Hound
- Your name
- Your dog’s name
- If you are international make sure to make a note of that!
- Make sure to tag #ahmodelcontest2020 AND @theatomichound
If you do not hear from me personally by April 22nd, it means you were not chosen to be a finalist. Depending on the number of applications, I may not be able to reach out to you individually to let you know your results (although I’ll do my best). You WILL hear from me by April 22nd if you are chosen to be a model.
Thank you for your interest in being an Atomic Hound model! I can’t wait to see your photos!
General FAQ and Requirements
The modeling period will last one year. After a year you may be asked to stay on, or reapply depending on what our needs are at that time.
Keep in mind that if you are not on time with photo delivery, are producing poor quality photos, or failing to advertise then your contract may be discontinued before the year is up.
We are looking for a wide variety of sizes, breeds and ages, and job types. No restrictions in the type of dogs we are looking for.
This is for legal reasons. No, a parent’s signature won’t work. And sorry, no exceptions!
You must be willing to pay 40% of the cost of the items we send you upfront. This is to prevent ourselves from being scammed out of a product and time and effort.
For example; if we send you 2 bandanas that cost $22 each, we will charge you 40% of $44, which is $17.60. Once you send us your photos we will refund you.
Yes, I am now accepting models outside of the US!
You must have access to be able to take regular pictures of your dog.
Each model will receive items from each new collection to model. Items will include bandanas, collars, leashes, and Disney ears for dogs.
By dog accessories we mean bandanas, collars, leashes or vests. We are open to having you model for other products that we don’t make (dog food, toys, harnesses, patches, etc.).
Of course you may shop for your pup at other companies as well as our own. But if chosen to be a model, we strongly prefer that your dog is in a modeling contract for those products only for The Atomic Hound. The reason for this is that it is simply more effective in creating brand awareness!
We understand that not everyone has the extra money to purchase items for their pets so even those who don’t own our products may enter and will have an equal chance at being chosen.
Models do not get paid financially, but they do receive free items in exchange for their photos and their advertising on social media.
Models do not get discount codes to give out.
Requirements (if you are chosen as a model)
Your dog must be wearing the product in at least 2 images. At least one photo needs to be a styled product photo (the product by itself).
I’m looking for well lit, creative, and in focus photos. Photos can be in nature, photos of you and your dog, posed photos with props etc. Detailed photos, close ups, farther away nature shops, action shots…Have fun with it!
Any camera (including cell phone) is fine as long as the picture quality is super great (not blurry or grainy).
If you want to edit your photos, please do not just add an Instagram filter to your photos. Unless you have experience editing photos in lightroom/photoshop, please just leave your photos as is and I will edit them.
We prefer that your dog has their own account, but if you and your dog share one, that’s okay too. Either way, your dog needs to be consistently in your photos.
Post at least 2 images of your dog wearing each item received on your Instagram feed and tag @theatomichound and use our hashtag #theatomichound. You are welcome to put things in the caption unrelated to our shop so it doesn’t feel spammy. Just think of it like a normal, cute (but high quality!) picture of your dog, with a reference and tag to our shop in there about what your dog is wearing.
When you post an image of your dog wearing your product onto your Instagram feed, please make a story with the image and tag @theatomichound in the story.
When I release a new collection or have a sale you will advertise this on your Instagram stories.
I also write blog posts and will have you advertise specific posts (not every post).
We follow FTC (fair trade commission) law and require that our models use the caption #ah_partner any time they are posting a photo of a product they received in exchange for modeling. If you buy a product with YOUR money you do not need to use the tag.
Studies have shown that there is no difference in engagement on accounts that disclose their products are sponsored/ads versus those that do not!