Modeling for The Atomic Hound
We are not currently looking for new models. We will host another model search towards the beginning of 2020. In the meantime, please read on to see what we look for in our models!
- Read all the FAQ and requirements below.
- Submit a 2 part application:
- Submit an Instagram Portfolio (directions below)
- Submit a Website Application (directions and application below)
General FAQ and Requirements
We are looking for a wide variety of sizes, breeds and ages, and job types. No restrictions in the type of dogs we are looking for.
This is for legal reasons. No, a parent’s signature won’t work. And sorry, no exceptions!
You must be willing to pay 40% of the cost of the items we send you upfront. This is to prevent ourselves from being scammed out of a product and time and effort.
For example; if we send you 2 bandanas that cost $22 each, we will charge you 40% of $44, which is $17.60. Once you send us your photos we will refund you.
Sorry, we will not be accepting models outside the United States in the future.
You must have access to be able to take regular pictures of your dog.
Each model will receive items from each new collection to model. Items will include bandanas, collars, leashes, Disney ears for dogs, and potentially vests if your dog is a working dog.
By dog accessories we mean bandanas, collars, leashes or vests. We are open to having you model for other products that we don’t make (dog food, toys, harnesses, patches, etc.).
Of course you may shop for your pup at other companies as well as our own. But if chosen to be a model, we strongly prefer that your dog is in a modeling contract for those products only for The Atomic Hound. The reason for this is that it is simply more effective in creating brand awareness!
We understand that not everyone has the extra money to purchase items for their pets so even those who don’t own our products may enter and will have an equal chance at being chosen. We will ask you for a deposit on the items that we will be sending you. Once you hold up your end of the deal (see below) then we will refund your deposit in full! Why do we do this? We are a small business and we can’t be giving our products away for free, and can’t afford to be taken advantage of!
Models do not get paid financially, but they do receive free items in exchange for their photos and their advertising on social media.
Models do not get discount codes to give out.
Of these 3 images, 2 must be of your dog wearing the item, and 1 must be a product image. Product images display the product in a creative and attractive way. For example, stringing your bandanas up somewhere with a nice background.
We are looking for well lit, creative, and in focus photos that are either:
– Completely in nature (no cars, telephone poles or manmade things in the image)
– Primarily city/manmade area (a colorful wall or mural, nice architecture/statues, stairs, sports events, pool, pier etc.)
–Lifestyle photos such as flatly pictures, pictures including any props you want to add for holidays.
– Pictures that include you and your dog together if you are able to take any.
We like to have a variety of shots to use. Detailed photos, close ups, farther away nature shops, action shots…Have fun with it!
We strongly prefer that you have a camera to take photos with. Cell phone photos generally do not blow up well, and do not appear high quality on our website.
If you want to edit your photos, please do not just add an Instagram filter to your photos. Unless you have experience editing photos in lightroom/photoshop, please just leave your photos as is and I will edit them.
I prefer photos to be emailed to me. You can email me HERE.
We are interested in the following video styles (typically the dog will be wearing our gear in the video):
- dogs being dogs (running, jumping, having a grand time) while wearing our gear.
- Dogs with their humans (cuddling, playing, training etc)
- Funny videos (silly caption videos, Vine type skit videos, other funny videos, training videos)
- Drone videos (if you have a drone and like adventuring mountain/beach type shots)
- Stop motion videos
We prefer that your dog has their own account, but if you and your dog share one, that’s okay too. Either way, your dog needs to be consistently in your photos.
Post at least 2 images of your dog wearing each item received on your Instagram feed and tag @theatomichound and use our hashtag #theatomichound. You are welcome to put things in the caption unrelated to our shop so it doesn’t feel spammy. Just think of it like a normal, cute (but high quality!) picture of your dog, with a reference and tag to our shop in there about what your dog is wearing.
When you post an image of your dog wearing your product onto your Instagram feed, please make a story with the image and tag @theatomichound in the story.
Instagram lets you add tags and other accounts into your Instagram bio that other people can click. Please add that you model for The Atomic Hound and add the @theatomichound to your bio.
When I release a new collection or have a sale (about once a month) advertise this on your Instagram stories.
I also write blog posts and will have you advertise specific posts (not every post).
Be aware, that at any point if you fail to provide high quality images, images in a timely manner, proper advertising, or fail to complete any other requirements we may not refund your guarantee money, and may terminate your modeling agreement.
PART 1 of 2: Instagram Portfolio
- Create ONE post with up to 10 of your highest quality photos and/or videos of your dog.
- You MUST tag us at @theatomichound AND use the hashtag #AHmodel19 (if you don’t, we won’t be able to see your entry).
- At least one of your photos or videos you choose should showcase your dog wearing a product like a bandana, collar, or leash (doesn’t need to be from us).We just want to see that you can showcase the products we will be sending you.
2. Create at least ONE story advertising the model search using the original post we use (there will be directions in our highlights).