1″ Center Ring Collar Design
The 1″ Center Ring Collar is a safety collar designed to be worn loose with the flexibility to allow your dog to back out of their collar if they get stuck on branches, fences or other environmental elements.
The 1″ center ring collar has been designed with stainless steel or solid brass hardware and Chicago screws making it SUPER durable.
- 1 buckle, 1 d-ring, 1 o-ring
- Hardware finish in stainless steel
- Chicago screws that are also secured with thread locker
Sizing Guide For The 1″ Center Ring Collar
Measure carefully! The 1″ Center Ring Collar must fit loosely (like a classic slip collar) so that it can slip over your dog’s head without any adjustments.
With a soft tape measure follow the following steps to find the right collar size.
- Have your dog sit or stand.
- Measure your dog’s neck. Again, make sure you can slip a few fingers in between the measuring tape and your dog. (See gallery photo for example)
- Measure your dog’s head at the widest point. Usually this is in front of the ears, and below their jaw. Make sure you can slip a few fingers in between the measuring tape and your dog so the collar can slip on and off. (See gallery photo for example)
When you choose your collar size, the center hole of the collar will be made to fit the larger of the neck and head measurements. So for example, if your dog’s neck measurement (including room for two fingers) is 18″ and their head is 21″, the collar will be made to fit 20″-22″.
If your dog is still growing we will add one extra hole to your collar starting with the largest number between the head/neck measurement. So for example, if your puppy’s neck measurement (including room for two fingers) is 16″ and their head is 19″, the collar will be made to fit 19″-22″.
- Webbing on the inside and heavy-duty, non-tacky PVC coating on the outside
- Cold weather resistant (won’t become brittle until -56° F)
- UV resistant (won’t fade)
- Sensory friendly: won’t hurt your hands like rope leashes or nylon leashes
- Doesn’t tangle or knot easily
- Will not crack or fade
- Doesn’t need to be oiled
Collar Hardware Information
All of our center ring collars are available in stainless steel or brass. The screws will match the o-ring choice.
Stainless steel *may* eventually rust (but not easily), and brass does not rust but rather develops a patina. Stainless steel and brass are the best options if you plan on using your collar in water, especially saltwater.
To prevent the hardware from oxidizing it’s best to dry your product ASAP, and to especially rinse off any saltwater. In the case that your hardware rusts or patinas, we recommend searching Google for the best methods to remove the discoloration (methods are different depending on which metal you chose).
To clean your collar, take a bucket of water (temperature doesn’t matter), and add some dish soap. Then swish the collar around in the bucket, rinse clean and allow to air dry. For more stubborn areas use a gentle wet cloth and rub with a bit soap and rinse clean.