1″ Classic Martingale Collar Design
The 1″ Classic Martingale Collar has been designed with a stainless steel chain and Chicago screws making it super durable.
- Martingale chains available in stainless steel
- Chicago Screws for extra durability
- 1″ D-Ring
- Two-Tone option available
***Please note that the chain can occasionally alter the color of light-colored dog’s fur. Again, in that case we recommend our adventure martingale option which does not have a chain.
- Webbing on the inside and heavy-duty, non-tacky PVC coating on the outside
- Cold weather resistant (won’t become brittle until -56° F)
- UV resistant (won’t fade)
- Sensory friendly: won’t hurt your hands like rope leashes or nylon leashes
- Doesn’t tangle or knot easily
- Will not crack or fade
- Doesn’t need to be oiled
Collar Hardware Information
Our Classic Martingale dog collars are made with stainless steel or solid brass chains and Chicago Screws. The only hardware piece that is not stainless steel or brass on this collar is the small strap adjuster, which does not tend to oxidize easily.
Stainless steel *may* eventually rust (but not easily), and brass does not rust but rather develops a patina. Stainless steel and brass are the best options if you plan on using your collar in water, especially saltwater.
To prevent the hardware from oxidizing it’s best to dry your product ASAP, and to especially rinse off any saltwater. In the case that your hardware rusts or patinas, we recommend searching Google for the best methods to remove the discoloration (methods are different depending on which metal you chose).
To clean your collar, take a bucket of water (temperature doesn’t matter), and add some dish soap. Then swish the collar around in the bucket, rinse clean and allow to air dry. For more stubborn areas use a gentle wet cloth and rub with a bit soap and rinse clean.