Standard Dog Leash Design
The Standard Dog Leash Design is 4′ and comes with:
- Lobster swivel clasp
- Hardware finish available in stainless steel
- Stainless Steel Chicago Screws
- One D-ring for accessories
- Webbing on the inside and heavy-duty, non-tacky PVC coating on the outside
- Cold weather resistant (won’t become brittle until -56° F)
- UV resistant (won’t fade)
- Sensory friendly: won’t hurt your hands like rope leashes or nylon leashes
- Doesn’t tangle or knot easily
- Will not crack or fade
- Doesn’t need to be oiled
- 5/8″ width break strength is 625 pounds
We offer standard bolt, trigger, and quick release snaps in stainless steel or solid brass finish. Every hardware option swivels. From lightest in weight to heaviest: bolt, trigger, quick release. Brass hardware is heavier than the same hardware style in Stainless Steel. For dogs less than 20lbs we recommend the bolt option. Chicago Screws will match the clasp finish choice.
Which Metal Should I Choose?
Both stainless steel and solid brass are very durable and make long-lasting options! Stainless steel is rust-resistant and classic silver color. It is possible for stainless steel to rust, but much less than nickel and it can be cleaned more easily. Brass does not rust but does develop a patina over time. Stainless steel and brass can both be used in the water.
Even though stainless steel and brass are durable, it’s still best to prevent the hardware from oxidizing. To do this make sure to dry your product ASAP, and especially rinse off any saltwater. In the case that your hardware rusts or patinas, we recommend searching Google for the best methods to remove the discoloration.
To clean your leash, take a bucket of water (temperature doesn’t matter), and add some dish soap. Then swish the leash around in the bucket, rinse clean and allow to air dry. For more stubborn areas use a gentle wet cloth and rub with a bit soap and rinse clean.