9 Way Hands-Free Dog Leash Design
This Hands-Free Dog Leash is our multipurpose waterproof leash with 9 different style options. As a standard dog leash, it can be used as a long, medium, or short leash and has a built-in traffic lead. As a hands-free dog leash, it can be used over the shoulder, across the body, or around the waist. The 9-Way Hands-Free Leash can also be used as a double attachment point with a harness and a collar for more security, or with two dogs. This is an excellent leash for service dogs because of the versatility and functionality! See photos for examples.
- Choice of small or large snap bolt, or trigger clasp. All options swivel.
- Hardware finish available in stainless steel, or solid brass
- Stainless Steel or Solid Brass Chicago Screws
- The outside of the built in traffic loop measures ~14″-15″ from clasp end to top of o-ring (depends on clasp size) and the inner length of the loop is 9″ for static o-ring designs and 10″ for floating o-ring designs.
- 5 total o-rings (3 are on the center section of the leash: 1 center o-ring is a static but adjustable, and 2 free-floating on either side of the center static ring)
- Available in 6′-8′ lengths
Styling the 9-Way Hands Free Leash
The video below shows you how to style your leash!
- Webbing on the inside and heavy-duty, non-tacky PVC coating on the outside
- Cold weather resistant (won’t become brittle until -56° F)
- UV resistant (won’t fade)
- Sensory friendly: won’t hurt your hands like rope leashes or nylon leashes
- Doesn’t tangle or knot easily
- Will not crack or fade
- Doesn’t need to be oiled
- 5/8″ width break strength is 625 pounds
We offer small and large standard bolt clasps, and a trigger clasp in stainless steel or solid brass finish. We’re sorry but we no longer offer a quick release option for due to a pattern of malfunctions. Every hardware option swivels. Chicago Screws will match the clasp finish choice.
Hardware weights and lengths per piece:
Small stainless steel bolt: 0.8oz, 2.25″
Large stainless steel bolt: 1.9oz, 3″
Stainless steel trigger: 1.9oz, 2.5″
Small solid brass bolt: 1.4oz, 2.75″
Large solid brass bolt: 1.8oz, 3″
Solid brass trigger: 1.6oz, 2.5″
*For dogs less than 20lbs the small stainless steel bolt option is most ideal.
Which Metal Should I Choose?
Both stainless steel and solid brass are very durable and make long-lasting options! Stainless steel is rust-resistant and classic silver color. It is possible for stainless steel to rust, but much less than nickel and it can be cleaned more easily. Brass does not rust but does develop a patina over time. Stainless steel and brass can both be used in the water.
Even though stainless steel and brass are durable, it’s still best to prevent the hardware from oxidizing. To do this make sure to dry your product ASAP, and especially rinse off any saltwater. In the case that your hardware rusts or patinas, we recommend searching Google for the best methods to remove the discoloration.
To clean your waterproof hands-free leash, take a bucket of water (temperature doesn’t matter), and add some dish soap. Then swish the leash around in the bucket, rinse clean and allow to air dry. For more stubborn areas use a gentle wet cloth and rub with a bit soap and rinse clean.