1.5″ Classic Limited Slip Collar Design
The 1.5″ Classic Limited Slip Collar is a simple alternative to common metal martingale collars. This collar helps prevent over tightening by reducing the collar’s length by roughly three and a half inches. It has been designed with stainless steel or solid brass hardware and Chicago screws making it SUPER durable. If your dog is in the water often and you like having a limited martingale option, we recommend this collar.
- Reduction in collar’s length is ~3.5″
- 2 d- rings, 1 triglide
- Hardware finish available in stainless steel or solid brass
- Chicago screws that are also secured with thread locker
- Recommended for larger dogs due to 9oz weight and large width
Sizing Guide For The Classic Limited Slip Collar
Measure carefully! Limited slip collars are not adjustable. They naturally fit more loosely than other collars so that they can slip over and off of your dog’s head without any adjustments.
With a soft tape measure follow the following steps to find the right collar size.
- Have your dog sit or stand.
- Measure your dog’s neck. Again, make sure you can slip a few fingers in between the measuring tape and your dog. (See gallery photo for example)
- Measure your dog’s head at the widest point. Usually this is in front of the ears, and below their jaw. Make sure you can slip a few fingers in between the measuring tape and your dog so the collar can slip on and off. (See gallery photo for example)
When you choose your collar size, the collar will be made to fit the larger of the neck and head measurements. So for example if your dog’s neck measurement (including room for two fingers) is 18″ and their head is 21″, the collar will be made to fit 21″.
- Webbing on the inside and heavy-duty, non-tacky PVC coating on the outside
- Cold weather resistant (won’t become brittle until -56° F)
- UV resistant (won’t fade)
- Sensory friendly: won’t hurt your hands like rope leashes or nylon leashes
- Doesn’t tangle or knot easily
- Will not crack or fade
- Doesn’t need to be oiled
Collar Hardware Information
All of our slip collars are available in stainless steel or brass. The screws will match the o-ring choice.
Stainless steel *may* eventually rust (but not easily), and brass does not rust but rather develops a patina. Stainless steel and brass are the best options if you plan on using your collar in water, especially saltwater.
To prevent the hardware from oxidizing it’s best to dry your product ASAP, and to especially rinse off any saltwater. In the case that your hardware rusts or patinas, we recommend searching Google for the best methods to remove the discoloration (methods are different depending on which metal you chose).
To clean your collar, take a bucket of water (temperature doesn’t matter), and add some dish soap. Then swish the collar around in the bucket, rinse clean and allow to air dry. For more stubborn areas use a gentle wet cloth and rub with a bit soap and rinse clean.